(2017) (Amy Schumer, Goldie Hawn) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After her boyfriend dumps her, a thirty-something woman convinces her homebody mother to accompany her on a trip to Ecuador.
- Emily Middleton (AMY SCHUMER) is a thirty-something woman who's about to take a non-refundable trip to Ecuador with her musician boyfriend when he dumps her. Shaken but undeterred, and unable to get anyone else to travel with her, she eventually convinces her homebody mom, Linda (GOLDIE HAWN), to join her on the excursion. Once there, Emily is ready to party, but safety-minded Linda would rather stay at the resort, a sentiment shared by fellow vacationer Ruth (WANDA SYKES), whose girlfriend, Barb (JOAN CUSACK), knows all about dangers in exotic locales, what with having been a special ops agent.
Nonetheless, Emily allows a handsome stranger, James (TOM BATEMAN), to sweep her off her feet and then convinces Linda to join them on a jeep excursion to see the sights. Linda reluctantly agrees, but her innate fears are justified when they're kidnapped by men working for local crime lord, Hector Morgado (OSCAR JAENADA), who expects a handsome ransom from Emily's agoraphobic, adult brother, Jeffrey (IKE BARINHOLTZ), who still lives at home with their mom.
The mother-daughter duo manages to escape and Jeffrey contacts State Department official Morgan Russell (BASHIR SALAHUDDIN) for help. Emily and Linda believe they've found some of that on their own when they come across American adventurist Roger Simmons (CHRISTOPHER MELONI) and later Dr. Armando (ARTURO CASTRO) who try to help the ladies, all while Morgado and his goons keep tracking them down, wanting revenge on them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of Amy Schumer might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content, brief nudity, and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.