(2017) (Scarlett Johansson, Jillian Bell) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Five former college friends travel to Miami for their best friend's wild bachelorette party and accidentally kill a man.
- Jess (SCARLETT JOHANSSON) is a young thirty-something running for state Senate and engaged to a kind and supportive man named Peter (PAUL W. DOWNS). Her needy best friend from college, Alice (JILLIAN BELL), decides to reunite their circle of friends from college and throw a big bachelorette party in Miami. Invited are Blair (ZOE KRAVITZ), a young professional going through a divorce; Frankie (ILANA GLAZER), a political activist and Blair's former college lover; and Pippa (KATE McKINNON), Jess' onetime college roommate from Australia.
Jess tries to stay on the straight and narrow to have any chance of being elected. But Alice is committed to making it a raucous weekend. When Frankie scores some cocaine at a club, the five friends start an all-night bender of drugs, booze, food, and dancing. When they return to their beach house, Jess discovers that Frankie has hired Scotty (RYAN COOPER), a stripper, to perform for her. Alice gets a little too excited and pounces on him. The man falls backward, hits his head, and dies. With Blair fearing she will lose her son in a custody battle, Jess' political career in jeopardy, and Frankie on her last strike with the law and facing significant prison time, the five friends decide to get rid of the body and never speak of the crime again.
Unfortunately, they are terribly inept at the cover-up. They also discover that their next-door neighbors, promiscuous swingers Pietro (TY BURRELL) and Lea (DEMI MOORE), have security cameras that likely caught much of their illegal hijinks and Blair agrees to a threesome in exchange for the recordings. At the same time, Peter is freaking out at a dropped cell phone call in which he believes Jess has broken up with him. So he vows to wear adult diapers and shot-gun Red Bulls on a madcap drive to Florida to save his impending marriage. Will he get there in time to save Jess and her friends from the two jewel thieves Frazier (DEAN WINTERS) and Ruiz (ENRIQUE MURCIANO) who have also shown up?
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be attracted to its R-rated raunchy content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content, language throughout, drug use, and brief bloody images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.