(2017) (Matilda Lutz, Alex Roe) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A young couple tries to solve the mystery behind a mysterious video that kills its viewers one week after they watch it.
- Julia (MATILDA LUTZ) is a teenager whose boyfriend, Holt (ALEX ROE), has just headed off to college. But when she hasn't heard from him in a while and then gets a strange video call from Skye (AIMEE TEEGARDEN), she decides to drive to the campus to find out what's happening. She ends up going to Holt's biology class, but the professor, Gabriel (JOHNNY GALECKI), doesn't offer any help, but his dismissal of her raises her suspicions.
She then follows him to a lab operation where he has various students watch a surreal video to test its effects on them as he tries to prove the existence of life after death. And that's because the video -- which features abstract clips, images and the view of a ghostly girl, Samara (BONNIE MORGAN), emerging from a well -- has the nasty side effect of resulting in the viewer's death seven days later, unless they make a copy and have someone else watch it before their time is up.
Both Holt and Skye have watched the tape, and the latter is trying to pass off the curse onto Julia, but the ghost girl from the tape gets to Skye first, resulting in her grotesque death. Julia then watches the tape to free Holt, but begins to experience odd supernatural occurrences. All of which lead her and Holt to try to figure out what it all means, including a trip to an old church from her visions where the blind cemetery caretaker, Burke (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO), may know more than he initially discloses.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror movies or are fans of the first two entries in this film series, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence/terror, thematic elements, some sexuality and brief drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.