(2017) (Milla Jovovich, Iain Glen) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: In a world where a virus has wiped out most of the Earth's population, transformed many of the survivors into zombies, and given rise to all sorts of mutated creatures, a ragtag group of survivors mounts a final stand.
- The film begins with Alice (MILLA JOVOVICH) walking around the ruins of a post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C., and evading various zombie and creature threats. She is contacted via hologram by the Red Queen (EVER ANDERSON), who tells her that the remnants of humanity are about to be wiped out in 48 hours. But she has once chance to save them if she can get to what's left of Raccoon City, infiltrate the underground Hive, and release an anti-virus developed by the all-powerful Umbrella Corporation.
Along the way, she runs afoul of the evil Dr. Alexander Isaacs (IAIN GLEN), who is leading thousands of zombies to Raccoon City to wipe out a pocket of rebels. He remains in league with the enigmatic Wesker (SHAWN ROBERTS), who is holed up in The Hive and eager to eradicate what's left of the survivors.
Alice fights her way to the city where she teams up with her old friend and ally, Claire (ALI LARTER), and a group of ragtag rebels led by Doc (EOIN MACKEN). Their group also includes such fighters as Razor (FRASER JAMES), Christian (WILLIAM LEVY), and Abigail (RUBY ROSE) who slowly trust Alice and vow to help her find the anti-virus and turn the tables on the Umbrella company and the undead infesting what's left of the Earth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have played the video game on which this movie series is based will have the most interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of violence throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.