(2017) (Joel Edgerton, Carmen Ejogo) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A husband, wife and their teenage son welcome another family into their fortressed home but become increasingly concerned that they might pose a risk in the post-apocalyptic world in which they now all live.
- Paul (JOEL EDGERTON), Sarah (CARMEN EJOGO) and their 17-year-old son, Travis (KELVIN HARRISON JR.), live in a remote house out in the woods of New York. Having just put Sarah's father, Bud (DAVID PENDLETON), out of his misery of being infected by a deadly virus that sickened him and apparently is the cause of an apocalyptic event that's seemingly affected the rest of the world, the family hunkers back down in their house that's been fortified with only one way in and out to prevent other infected people -- who apparently only arrive at night -- from getting to them.
Their worst fears are confirmed when they hear and then catch Will (CHRISTOPHER ABBOTT) breaking into their place. He claims he thought the house was abandoned and is simply looking for water and other supplies to help him and his family survive. Paul is understandably suspicious and keeps Will tied to a tree for a few days to see if he shows any signs of the illness. When none show, he releases him and reluctantly agrees with Sarah that they must help Will and his family. That eventually results in the two men retrieving Will's wife, Kim (RILEY KEOUGH), and their toddler son, Andrew (GRIFFIN ROBERT FAULKNER), and returning to Paul and Sarah's house.
From that point on, and as Travis experiences odd and troubling nightmares, the two families try to get along and stay alive, all with the constant worry that the outside contagion might find or have already found its way inside the house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into post-apocalyptic scenario films or are fans of anyone in the cast, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, disturbing images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.