(2017) (Eugenio Derbez, Salma Hayek) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After his rich wife of 25 years kicks him out for someone younger, a male gold digger moves in with his estranged sister and her young son while trying to find another wealthy woman he can latch onto.
- Maximo (EUGENIO DERBEZ) has never wanted to work a day in his life but has desired the spoils of being rich, and for the past twenty-five years he's lived that sort of lifestyle thanks to the bankroll of his uber-wealthy spouse, Peggy (RENEE TAYLOR). But when she dumps him for a younger man, Remy (MICHAEL CERA), and he realizes he'll get nothing due to the previous prenup he signed, he first turns to his fellow gold digger friend, Rick (ROB LOWE), for help.
But that "boy toy" has his hands full with wealthy Millicent (LINDA LAVIN) and her unquenchable thirst for role playing, so Maximo has nowhere to turn but to his long-estranged and widowed sister, Sara (SALMA HAYEK). She's a junior architect who's raising her 10-year-old son, Hugo (RAPHAEL ALEJANDRO), by herself, and isn't quite sure whether she wants to open romantic channels with her friendly neighbor, James (MATHER ZICKEL).
Maximo is already on the lookout for a new but older and wealthy woman to return to his previous lifestyle, and he thinks he might have found just that sort of person when he drops off Hugo at his exclusive private school. While his nephew is interested in but too shy to talk to his fellow classmate, Arden (MCKENNA GRACE), Maximo immediately sets his sights on that girl's ultra-wealthy and recently widowed grandmother, Celeste (RAQUEL WELCH). But when he can't get past her protective driver, Quincy (ROB CORDDRY), he needs a new way to meet her, and the cash to do so.
Thus, he agrees to accept payment from mobile advertisers Scott (ROB RIGGLE) and Nick (ROB HUEBEL) to drive around in Sara's recently ad-wrapped car in turn for money to get into a charity event to meet Celeste. When that backfires, he realizes his only way in will be through his nephew's attraction to Arden, and thus sets out to teach the boy all about women and how to seduce them, including providing a demonstration on Cindy (KRISTEN BELL) who works at a frozen yogurt shop when not tending to a house full of rescue cats. As Maximo teaches his nephew the ropes, the two grow closer and Sara begins to accept her brother, all while Scott and Nick want their money back when Maximo removes their ads from his sister's car.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless the premise strikes them as interesting or if they're a fan of someone in the cast, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude humor, sexual references and gestures, and for brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.