(2017) (Alycia Debnam-Carey, William Moseley) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following the suicide of a loner classmate who was cyber-stalking her, a college student must contend with supernatural events that afflict her and her friends.
- Laura (ALYCIA DEBNAM-CAREY) is a college student who's popular both in person and online where she has more than eight hundred friends on Facebook. Accordingly, she draws the interest of loner student Marina (LIESL AHLERS) who sends Laura a friend request and gets accepted mainly due to the well-made animation videos on her page. But when Marina seemingly becomes obsessed with Laura and begins cyber-stalking her, Laura has no other recourse but to unfriend her. Marina then commits suicide and the video of that ends up posted on Laura's Facebook page, much to her surprise and horror.
It's not long after that when Laura's roommates -- Olivia (BRIT MORGAN) and Isabel (BROOKE MARKHAM) -- along with the latter's boyfriend, Gustavo (SEAN MARQUETTE), platonic friend Kobe (CONNOR PAOLO), and med school student boyfriend Tyler (WILLIAM MOSELEY) begin to experience odd and then seemingly supernatural events, some of which leave some of them dead. And videos of that show up on Laura's Facebook page, causing her overall friend count to decrease quickly and dramatically. From that point on, she, Tyler and Kobe try to figure out what's causing this haunting and how to put an end to it.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible a few teens might be intrigued, especially if they're into horror movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence, disturbing images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.