(2017) (Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Erotic Drama: A billionaire and a publishing assistant decide to take their kinky relationship to the next level even as forces from his past conspire against them.
- Anastasia Steele (DAKOTA JOHNSON) has moved on from her sadomasochistic relationship with billionaire Christian Grey (JAMIE DORNAN). But Christian has not moved on from her. He convinces her to have one dinner with him at which he asks her to "renegotiate the terms" of their relationship and promises to change his ways. He is more attentive and understanding. But he still exhibits much jealousy and has a need to control Ana.
Since their break-up, Ana has gone to work for a publishing company where she is the assistant to dashing fiction editor, Jack Hyde (ERIC JOHNSON). Christian is immediately jealous of the man, makes a move to acquire the company, and promptly forbids Ana from traveling on business with Jack. After Jack sexually harasses Ana, Christian has him fired and Ana is promptly promoted to Jack's job. Meanwhile, Ana is being stalked by a deranged, former submissive girlfriend of Christian's named Leila (BELLA HEATHCOTE). Ana is also threatened by Elena Lincoln (KIM BASINGER), the older woman who introduced Christian to the world of S&M years earlier.
Through it all, the perils bring Ana and Christian closer together and their sexual trysts get increasingly extreme and passionate. This all culminates in a decision by Christian to take their relationship to the ultimate level -- something that delights his adoptive parents, Grace and Carrick (MARCIA GAY HARDEN and ANDREW AIRLIE, respectively); brother, Elliot (LUKE GRIMES); and sister Mia (RITA ORA).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may hear of the film's high sex and nudity content and want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong erotic sexual content, some graphic nudity, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.