(2017) (Jason Drucker, Charlie Wright) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A 12-year-old goes on a zany four-day road trip with his family to get to his grandmother's 90th birthday party.
- Greg Heffley (JASON DRUCKER) is a 12-year-old boy whose life may as well be over, what with going viral on the Internet after video has spread of him accidentally getting his hand stuck on a soiled diaper at a restaurant's play area. To make matters worse, his parents -- Susan (ALICIA SILVERSTONE) and Frank (TOM EVERETT SCOTT) -- have just announced that the family -- that also includes 16-year-old Rodrick (CHARLIE WRIGHT) and their toddler brother, Manny (WYATT & DYLAN WALTERS) -- will be embarking on a four-day van trip to their grandmother's 90th birthday party.
To add insult to injury, Susan has announced this will be a technology free journey, not only shocking Greg and Rodrick, but also Frank who needs to work while on the road. Undeterred, Susan wants this to be a family bonding experience, all of which further complicates Greg's plan on trying to redeem his fragile social status. Having heard that online gamer Mac Digby (JOSHUA HOOVER) will be a gaming expo not far from his grandmother's house, Greg believes if he gets footage of him and Mac together, that might repair the damage from now having the moniker of "Diaper Hands."
Things become even more complicated when Greg accidentally runs afoul of a bearded father and his family. From that point on, Greg tries to avoid Mr. Beardo (CHRIS COPPOLA) all as one thing after another threatens his plan.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet some will, especially if they're fans of the previous films in this franchise or the books on which those are based. -
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.