(2017) (voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: A reformed super-villain begins to find himself drawn back to a life of crime when he meets his long-lost twin brother.
- Former super-villain Gru (voice of STEVE CARELL) has given up the life as a bad guy. He's now raising his three adopted daughters, Margo (voice of MIRANDA COSGROVE), Edith (voice of DANA GAIER) and Agnes (voice of NEV SCHARREL) with his new wife and fellow Anti Villain League agent, Lucy Wilde (voice of KRISTEN WIIG).
But when he fails to capture super-villain and former TV show child actor Balthazar Bratt (voice of TREY PARKER) who's trying to stealing an expensive diamond, he and Lucy find themselves kicked out of the AVL. It gets worse when Gru's former diminutive henchmen, the Minions, leave his service over his refusal to behave criminally again.
Things look up when Gru discovers that he has a long-lost twin brother, Dru (voice of STEVE CARELL), who lives in another country and is super rich from being a successful pig farmer. But Dru secretly desires to be a super-villain like Gru and their deceased father, and thus convinces Gru to teach him the tricks of the trade.
Gru is reluctant but finds himself drawn back into that world, and decides they should rob Bratt of the diamond, not realizing that super-villain is planning on using its power to get revenge on Hollywood for canceling his TV show long ago.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of either or both of the previous two films in this series, they definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action and rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.