(2017) (Nicholas Hoult, Felicity Jones) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A car thief agrees to one last heist because he needs the money to save his terminally ill girlfriend.
- Casey (NICHOLAS HOULT) is a car thief who has fled America, but gotten involved in the same life of crime in Germany. He really wants to go legit, though, and does so when he meets and falls in love with bartender Juliette (FELICITY JONES). Their love seems perfect ... until Juliette collapses one night, and Casey learns she has been dealing with a kidney disease. She has to go on dialysis, with the German healthcare system refusing to pay for a transplant.
Needing at least $200,000 to return to the States and get Juliette the life-saving surgery she needs, Casey decides to hook up again with his old crime boss, Geran (BEN KINGSLEY), and his former partner-in-crime, Matthias (MARWAN KENZARI). Geran agrees to pay them $250,000 each if they steal an 18-wheeler loaded with cocaine-stuffed golf balls belonging to Geran's rival, Hagen Kahl (ANTHONY HOPKINS).
The heist goes wrong. And Casey finds himself in a long-running car chase, foot chase, and gun battle throughout the German countryside to get back to Juliette in Cologne and keep her safe. All the while, he is playing a bigger game with Kahl and Geran to get the necessary funds to save his girlfriend's life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With the PG-13 rating, crazy amount of action, and two leads from the recent "X-Men" and "Star Wars" movies, there should be some interest from teens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, frenetic action, some sexuality, language, and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.