(2017) (voices of Owen Wilson, Cristela Alonzo) (G)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Dramedy: A famous anthropomorphic race car must contend with having grown older and not being able to defeat younger and faster competitors.
- In a world populated by anthropomorphic cars, trucks and other vehicles, Lightning McQueen (voice of OWEN WILSON) was once the top race car in the tournament circuit, having been tutored by the late Doc Hudson. But as the years have passed by, so has Lightning been on the track by newer and faster models such as rookie sensation Jackson Storm (voice of ARMIE HAMMER). Following the retirement of some of his contemporary rivals and recovering from a bad crash in his last race, some wonder if it's time for Lightning to ease up on the pedal and likewise retire.
He wants no part of that, although his newest sponsor, mud flap king Sterling (voice of NATHAN FILLION), would rather have him promoting his products. Nonetheless, and giving him one last shot before entering the world of product placement, Sterling assigns his top trainer, Cruz Ramirez (voice of CRISTELA ALONZO), to work with Lightning and get him up to speed in order to compete with the likes of Jackson and other newer race cars.
When that doesn't work, Lightning eventually seeks out Smokey (voice of CHRIS COOPER), Hud's mentor from long ago. Utilizing old school techniques, he starts to whip the veteran back into shape, all while Lightning's good friend, Mater (voice of LARRY THE CABLE GUY), tries to keep him motivated and Cruz realizes her former aspirations of being a racer herself are starting to resurface. With the big race coming up, all concerned wonder whether Lightning has what it takes to compete in this newer, faster world of racing.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They probably will if they're fans of the previous "Cars" movies from Pixar.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: G
- Presumably for not containing material to warrant a higher rating.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.