(2017) (Voices of Kevin Hart, Ed Helms) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action-Comedy: Two schoolboys hypnotize their strict principal into thinking he is a superhero, and then they run afoul of a very real super-villain.
- George (voice of KEVIN HART) and Harold (voice of THOMAS MIDDLEDITCH) are a couple of fun-loving grade-schoolers who became fast friends in kindergarten and have been virtually inseparable ever since. Over the years, they have discovered they both are artistic and have come up with a number of goofy comic books together with George the storyteller and Harold the artist.
They're also a couple of pranksters who love to pull off all sorts of goofy stunts to thumb their nose at the totalitarian rule of Principal Krupp (voice of ED HELMS), a strict, mean-spirited educator who is obsessed with proving the two boys are behind all of the hijinks that have befallen the school over the years. Harold and George eventually go too far, sabotaging the science project of a humorless classmate named Melvin (voice of JORDAN PEELE). Caught on hidden surveillance footage, Krupp seizes the opportunity to separate Harold and George and put them into completely different classes.
Eager to stay together, the two boys hatch a scheme to hypnotize Krupp and convince him he is their favorite comic-book creation, the good-hearted, eternally valiant Captain Underpants, and they are his faithful sidekicks. Captain Underpants soon wins the heart of Edith (voice of KRISTEN SCHAAL), the school's quirky cafeteria lady. Unfortunately, this all coincides with the arrival of a legitimate super-villain, the school's new science teacher named "Professor P" (voice of NICK KROLL), who has designs on inventing a special laser ray that will rob all humans of their senses of humor.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The film and its humor and action and elementary school-age protagonists will definitely appeal to kids 11 and under. Parents will like that it contains no profanity or sexual content (not even mild innuendo) at all.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.