(2017) (Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A 17-year-old finds himself falling for a twenty-something grad student who's come to live with his family in northern Italy over the summer of 1983.
- It's the summer of 1983 and Elio Perlman (TIMOTHEE CHALAMET) is a 17-year-old living with his archaeologist dad (MICHAEL STUHLBARG) and mom, Annella (AMIRA CASAR), in northern Italy. The young man spends his warm summer days lounging by the pool or playing the piano while his summer nights are filled with thoughts of taking his relationship with his girlfriend, Marzia (ESTHER GARREL), to the next level.
Joining the family for part of the summer is twenty-something grad student, Oliver (ARMIE HAMMER), who's going to help Mr. Perlman with his work and will be staying in Oliver's room with the teen relegated to another bedroom connected via a shared bathroom.
Despite both initially appearing straight, Elio and Oliver allow their platonic friendship to develop into flirting and then something more between them. All of which means their budding romance has a limited time to blossom and flourish with Oliver scheduled to leave before the end of summer.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be, especially with award buzz surrounding the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.