(2017) (Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: In the mid 21st century, a LAPD officer who's assigned to find and kill rebellious, older model android replicants makes a startling discovery that shakes his world and that of others.
- It's the year 2049 and K (RYAN GOSLING) is a "blade runner," a LAPD officer whose job is to find and kill older model realistic androids known as replicants that turned rebellious decades ago. Since then, they've been replaced by newer models built by industrialist Niander Wallace (JARED LETO), but with some of those older models still out and about, K takes his marching orders from Lieutenant Joshi (ROBIN WRIGHT) and tracks down and "retires" them.
After one such mission, K makes a startling discovery that Joshi claims could upset the balance of the world and she orders that the evidence be destroyed. It's something that also draws the interest of Niander who sends his ruthless assistant, Luv (SYLVIA HOEKS), to get her hands on the result of that discovery, but K wants to find that for himself, what with wondering how it might tie in with childhood memories he isn't even sure are real. With his "girlfriend" Joi (ANA DE ARMAS) in tow, he then sets out to find a former and now long-missing blade runner, Deckard (HARRISON FORD), in hopes that he might be able to help him uncover the truth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the original "Blade Runner" film, sci-fi movies in general, and/or who might be fans of anyone in the cast will likely be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, some sexuality, nudity and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.