(2017) (Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: A young man hopes for a new life with a waitress he's just met, all while serving as the getaway driver for a criminal mastermind and those executing his heists.
- Baby (ANSEL ELGORT) is a young man whose parents were killed in an auto accident when he was a child. That left him with a bad case of tinnitus which he offsets by always listening to music. That habit also helps with his driving skills, something he puts to good use while working off a debt to criminal kingpin Doc (KEVIN SPACEY) as the getaway driver for a variety of heists the latter orchestrates.
Doc never uses the same crime team combination twice, and thus Baby ends up working with the likes of lovers Buddy (JON HAMM) and Darling (ELIZA GONZALEZ) who seem to enjoy his company, as well as Bats (JAMIE FOXX) and Griff (JON BERNTHAL) who don't.
When he's not working as the getaway driver or helping care for his older and deaf foster dad, Joe (CJ JONES), Baby likes to hang out in the diner where his mom once worked, and it's there that he meets Debora (LILY JAMES), a new waitress who catches his eye and vice-versa. As a budding romance develops between the two, Baby believes he has just one last job to do for Doc and the two can then get away from their current lives. But when Doc comes calling again, Baby fully realizes that Debora's well-being could be in jeopardy whether he accepts the job or not.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or the films by director Edgar Wright (such as "Shaun of the Dead").
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.