(2017) (Dane DeHaan, Jason Isaacs) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Horror: A young man must contend with his slipping grip on reality when he's institutionalized at a foreign sanitarium where he was sent to retrieve his missing boss.
- Lockhart (DANE DeHAAN) is a young stockbroker working for a Manhattan-based financial services company. With their CEO, Harold Pembroke (HARRY GROENER), having seemingly given up all capitalistic interests while spending time at a Swiss sanitarium run by Dr. Volmer (JASON ISAACS), Lockhart has been tasked with traveling there and returning the executive so that their company's merger can go through. He does so and eventually ends up at the establishment in the Swiss Alps above a local village where the residents there aren't the best of neighbors. Those at the sanitarium, however, including Victoria Watkins (CELIA IMRIE), seem quite content to spend their days reading, dining, playing croquet and making sure to drink plenty of the provided water that supposedly has rejuvenating properties.
When Lockhart initially can't get Pembroke out of the place, he heads back down the mountain to seek lodging, only to be involved in a single car accident that results in him waking up three days later in the sanitarium, his leg in a cast. Unable to return to New York, he starts poking around the place that grows increasingly suspicious to him, what with odd occurrences happening at night, all while he's beguiled by a young patient there, Hannah (MIA GOTH), who seems out of place among all of the much older clientele.
As Lockhart tries to figure out what's really happening at the sanitarium, his grip on reality begins to slip, what with drinking all of that special water that now has him wondering if he's simply developed paranoid hallucinations or if something truly nefarious is occurring there.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be intrigued by the unusual look and atmosphere surrounding the horror film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violent content and images, sexual content including an assault, graphic nudity, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.