(2016) (voices of Yuri Lowenthal, Jay Jones) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Comedy/Adventure: A man ends up shipwrecked on an island with a small number of animals, all of whom must contend with two mangy cats that want to get revenge on him and eat the others.
- Following a bad storm at sea, the somewhat clumsy Robinson Crusoe (voice of YURI LOWENTHAL) and his faithful dog Aynsley (DOUG STONE) end up shipwrecked on a small island in the middle of nowhere. Robison is scared about the prospect of cannibals, but all he ends up finding is a number of animals, most of which initially want to scare him away since they've never seen a human or dog before and don't know if they're friend or foe. Among those animals are Rosie (voice of LAILA BERZINS), a nervous tapir; best friends Epi the porcupine (voice of SANDY FOX) and Pango the pangolin (voice of JEFF DOUCETTE); old nearsighted goat Scrubby (voice of JOEY CAMEN); a chameleon named Carmello (voice of COLIN METZGER), and a kingfisher, Kiki (voice of LINDSAY TORRANCE), who's highly suspicious of the man.
That initially holds true for a parrot by the name of Mak (voice of JAY JONES). But once he realizes the human poses no threat and realizes the man's presence validates his beliefs of a bigger world somewhere across the open sea, he befriends Robinson who nicknames the bird Tuesday. Eventually, he and the animals all get along, and while he hopes and plans for a rescue, he starts building small structures for himself and them around the island. But they must contend with two devious felines, May (voice of DEBI TINSLEY) and her dimwitted mate, Mal (voice of JEFF DOUCETTE), who not only want to get revenge on Robinson for earlier interactions on the now wrecked ship, but also set their sights on the various animals as possible meals.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Seeing that it's a computer-animated comedy featuring talking animals, that will obviously appeal to those kids who like those sorts of movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild action/peril and some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.