(2016) (Elle Fanning, Jena Malone) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A sixteen-year-old takes the modeling world by storm and must contend with those drawn in by or who are jealous of her natural beauty.
- Jesse (ELLE FANNING) is a 16-year-old who's arrived in Los Angeles in hopes of becoming a model and is residing in a seedy motel run by Hank (KEANU REEVES) who's seen pretty girls like her come and go through his place. After a session creating some avant-garde photos taken by young photographer Dean (KARL GLUSMAN), Jesse meets makeup artist Ruby (JENA MALONE) -- who works on both models and corpses and is immediately smitten by the young beauty -- and quickly lands an agent, along with a photo shoot in front of demanding professional photographer Jack (DESMOND HARRINGTON).
That doesn't sit well with Ruby's friends, Sarah (ABBEY LEE) and Gigi (BELLA HEATHCOTE), who've worked hard to make it in the modeling world and don't like this young novice grabbing all of the attention. As Jesse's natural beauty wins over the decision makers in the modeling world and she becomes increasingly conceited about that, she must contend with Ruby's growing attraction to her as well as Sarah and Gigi's jealousy of her quick ascension in the industry.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, as might those who are fans of Fanning, Malone or others in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing violent content, bloody images, graphic nudity, a scene of aberrant sexuality, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.