(2016) (Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Western/Action: A disparate group of men join forces to take on a ruthless mining baron and his armed men who've taken over a small town.
- It's 1879 and Rose Creek is a small town in the west that's been taken over by mining baron Bartholomew Bogue (PETER SARSGAARD) and his armed men. When they end up killing various residents, one of the new widows, Emma Cullen (HALEY BENNETT), wants righteousness but will take revenge. When she sees that warrant officer Chisolm (DENZEL WASHINGTON) is more than capable of getting his man and dealing with others, she offers to pay him everything she has for him to deal with the culprit. Chisholm's initially reluctant, but when he hears it's Bogue, he agrees and sets out to put together a small group of men for the job.
Among them is Josh Faraday (CHRIS PRATT), a poker player and dead shot; legendary former Civil War soldier Goodnight Robicheaux (ETHAN HAWKE) and his right-hand man, Billy Rocks (BYUNG-HUN LEE); former Indian fighter Jack Horne (VINCENT D'ONOFRIO); Mexican Vasquez (MANUEL GARCIA-RULFO) and Native American Red Harvest (MARTIN SENSMEIER).
They easily dispatch Bogue's small array of men in the town and allow the sheriff -- who's under Bogue's pay -- to deliver a message that they'll be there waiting for him and his men. As Bogue gathers a small army, the men do what they can to prepare themselves and the townsfolk for the battle that's to come.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast or Westerns.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For extended and intense sequences of Western violence, and for historical smoking, some language and suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.