(2016) (Neel Sethi, voice of Bill Murray) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Adventure: When a vindictive tiger threatens to harm others if he isn't given a "man-cub" to kill, other animals in the boy's life decide he should be returned to his own kind for his own safety and that of others in the jungle.
- Mowgli (NEEL SETHI) is a boy who lives in a jungle filled with a menagerie of all sorts of animals. When a tiger, Shere Khan (voice of IDRIS ELBA), killed his father years ago only to run off after having his face burned by a torch, the toddler was found by Bagheera (voice of BEN KINGSLEY), a wise panther who's since helped raise the "man-cub" along with the help of a wolf pack led by Akela (voice of GIANCARLO ESPOSITO) and Raksha (voice of LUPITA NYONG'O Louie). Mowgli thinks he's a wolf and lives like one, and everyone seems content with the unusual arrangement.
When a severe drought during the dry season forces a peace truce among all of the animals that have assembled at a watering hole, however, Shere Khan arrives and smells out the boy and wants his revenge. Bagheera eventually realizes it's in everyone's best interest if he leads Mowgli to a human encampment, but an attack by Shere Khan leaves him injured and Mowgli on the run.
Now alone in the jungle, he ends up saved from a hypnotic python, Kaa (voice of SCARLETT JOHANSSON), by the honey-loving, laid-back bear, Baloo (voice of BILL MURRAY), who ends up joining forces with Bagheera to do the same again when gargantuan orangutan King Louie (voice of CHRISTOPHER WALKEN) has his monkey goons kidnap the boy.
He offers Mowgli protection in exchange for getting him the humans' "red flower" -- fire -- that he'll then use to rule the jungle. But their biggest concern is keeping the boy safe from Shere Khan who's steadfast in his determination to find and kill the boy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some sequences of scary action and peril.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.