(2016) (Natalie Dormer, Taylor Kinney) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A woman looks for her twin sister in a haunted forest known for the suicides that take place inside it.
- Sara Price (NATALIE DORMER) has always felt a special connection with her twin sister, Jess (NATALIE DORMER), even when they're separated by an ocean due to Jess taking a job teaching English to schoolgirls in Tokyo. When Sara learns that her sister has been reported missing and was last seen heading into the Aokigahara Forest, notorious for being a place where people go to commit suicide, she leaves her husband, Rob (EOIN MACKEN), back in the U.S. while she flies to Japan.
There, she learns about the legend of the forest and the spirits within it that will make one sad and then suicidal should they wander off the main path. Sara doesn't believe any of that, but travel writer Aiden (TAYLOR KINNEY) seems to, and despite having just met her, he arranges for forest guide Michi (YUKIYOSHI OZAWA) to lead them through the dense woods to look for her sister. As they do so, Michi warns her that anything weird she sees is in her head and not real.
When they find Jess' tent, Sara decides to stay there overnight, despite Michi's strong objections, and Aiden decides to join her to provide protection. As the night and then next day arrive, strange things start happening in the forest, including encounters with people or ghosts, one of whom warns Sara not to trust Aiden as she continues searching for her missing sister.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic content and images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.