(2016) (Kevin Bacon, Radha Mitchell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following their Grand Canyon vacation, a family begins to believe they brought something supernatural back with them.
- Despite having seemingly spent an idyllic vacation with friends touring the Grand Canyon and surrounding environs, the marriage and family life of Peter (KEVIN BACON) and Bronny Taylor (RADHA MITCHELL) is anything but perfect. For starters, he spends too much time at work for his boss, Simon (PAUL REISER), and Bronny still hasn't completely forgiven him for a past affair. Their teenage daughter, Stephanie (LUCY FRY), is tormenting them with adolescent mood swings while hiding her bulimia from them, while her younger brother Michael's (DAVID MAZOUZ) autism proves challenging for all of them.
Unbeknownst to them and during that recent vacation, Michael ended up falling into a cave and came across a series of stones once used by the Anasazi Indians to keep demonic spirits at bay. Now back in the family's suburban home, they start causing creepy things to happen, many of which are initially attributed to Michael and his condition. But when they escalate and things progressively get spookier, the parents eventually take the advice of Simon's wife, Wendy (MING-NA WEN), and bring in Native American healer Teresa (ALMA MARTINEZ) and her young adult granddaughter, Gloria (ILZA ROSARIO), in hopes that they can rid them of the spirits before it's too late and the family rips itself apart.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into supernatural/paranormal based horror films they could show some interest, which also holds true for fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, some disturbing violence, brief sensuality and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.