(2016) (Kevin Bacon, Radha Mitchell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following their Grand Canyon vacation, a family begins to believe they brought something supernatural back with them.
- Despite having seemingly spent an idyllic vacation with friends touring the Grand Canyon and surrounding environs, the marriage and family life of Peter (KEVIN BACON) and Bronny Taylor (RADHA MITCHELL) is anything but perfect. For starters, he spends too much time at work for his boss, Simon (PAUL REISER), and Bronny still hasn't completely forgiven him for a past affair. Their teenage daughter, Stephanie (LUCY FRY), is tormenting them with adolescent mood swings while hiding her bulimia from them, while her younger brother Michael's (DAVID MAZOUZ) autism proves challenging for all of them.
Unbeknownst to them and during that recent vacation, Michael ended up falling into a cave and came across a series of stones once used by the Anasazi Indians to keep demonic spirits at bay. Now back in the family's suburban home, they start causing creepy things to happen, many of which are initially attributed to Michael and his condition. But when they escalate and things progressively get spookier, the parents eventually take the advice of Simon's wife, Wendy (MING-NA WEN), and bring in Native American healer Teresa (ALMA MARTINEZ) and her young adult granddaughter, Gloria (ILZA ROSARIO), in hopes that they can rid them of the spirits before it's too late and the family rips itself apart.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into supernatural/paranormal based horror films they could show some interest, which also holds true for fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, some disturbing violence, brief sensuality and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.