(2016) (Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: After being hired to discover financial discrepancies before a robotics company goes public, an accountant with Asperger's Syndrome uses his decades of fight and weapons training to deal with various bad guys who show up and are involved in the case.
- Christian Wolff (BEN AFFLECK) is an accountant who's brilliant with numbers and finding hard to discover financial anomalies, with part of his dogged determination to solve problems stemming from him having Asperger's Syndrome. A daily routine helps him keep its symptoms in check, something he developed himself or perhaps stems from his military father's years of pushing him and his younger brother through intense fight and weapons training in order for them to survive and thrive in the world.
Christian's financial skills have resulted in various criminal enterprises hiring him to do their books, and that and a trail of bodies has Director Ray King (J.K. SIMMONS) of the Treasury Department determined to find and capture him, despite not knowing who he is. He's tasked young Treasury Dept. analyst Marybeth Medina (CYNTHIA ADDAI-ROBINSON) to figure that out. At the same time, Christian has been hired by Lamar Black (JOHN LITHGOW), the CEO of a robotics company who's planning on taking his company public.
But one his company's young financial analysts, Dana Cummings (ANNA KENDRICK), has uncovered some discrepancies, so Christian has been called in to solve that matter. But as he digs deeper and various wrongdoings are discovered, a hitman, Brax (JON BERNTHAL), starts taking out those who could ruin the company's IPO, all of which puts him and his armed men in direct conflict with Christian and his special set of skills.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are into R-rated action flicks or who might be a fan of anyone in the cast could show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.