(2016) (voices of James Arnold Taylor, David Kaye) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Sci-Fi: A young mechanic joins a group of galactic heroes to stop a villain who's been destroying planets for his own gain.
- On the planet Veldin, Ratchet (voice of JAMES ARNOLD TAYLOR) is a somewhat cat-like Lombax who works as a mechanic in a remote garage run by Grimroth (voice of JOHN GOODMAN). Having crash-landed there as an orphaned baby, Ratchet is good at fixing things, but wants something more from his life. Namely, that's to become one of the Galactic Rangers. But their leader, Captain Qwark (voice of JIM WARD), quickly dismisses Ratchet for a variety of reasons, leaving the Lombax depressed. But when out flying with a robot, Clank (voice of DAVID KAYE), that crash-landed on his planet after being deemed a defect from an assembly line, Ratchet ends up saving the day and the lives of the rest of the Rangers -- Elaris (voice of ROSARIO DAWSON), Cora (voice of BELLA THORNE) and Brax (voice of VINCENT TONG) -- with his quick thinking.
That doesn't sit well with the villainous Chairman Drek (voice of PAUL GIAMATTI) who, with the help of his mad scientist inventor, Dr. Nefarious (voice of ARMIN SHIMERMAN), has been blowing up uninhabited planets so that he can create a new one from the best pieces of each destroyed one. After Ratchet becomes a member of the Rangers due to his heroism, he then joins the group in their effort to stop Drek. But they must not only contend with his armed forces, including the hulking robot Victor Von Ion (voice of SYLVESTER STALLONE), but also treachery from within.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the video game series on which it's based, they probably will, while the computer-animated action trappings might draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For action and some rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.