(2016) (Lily James, Sam Riley) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror/Comedy: In 19th century England where London is a walled, safe haven from zombies, a number of highly trained sisters must not only contend with the undead, but also the callings of their aristocratic society, including the prospects of marriage and finding the right man.
- It's 19th century England and most of the country has been overrun by zombies hungry for human brains. Due to a one-hundred foot guarded wall and huge moat, London has been a safe haven from the undead, but those brain hungry monsters have been making inroads. Accordingly, the young adult daughters of Mr. Bennet (CHARLES DANCE) -- Elizabeth (LILY JAMES), Jane (BELLA HEATHCOTE), Kitty (SUKI WATERHOUSE), Lydia (ELLIE BAMBER) and Mary (MILLIE BRADY) -- have not only been taught the manners of high society, but also that of the deadly martial arts in order to defend themselves. While Elizabeth is proficient in the latter, she has no intention of being paired off by her mother with some man simply for the sake of being married, although she doesn't mind that Jane is currently being courted by Charles Bingley (DOUGLAS BOOTH).
That man's friend, William Darcy (SAM RILEY), is also more interested in killing zombies than finding a wife, but initially antagonistic turned flings of romantic sparks fly between him and Elizabeth. Things become more complicated when Lt. George Wickham (JACK HUSTON) -- who grew up with and then apart from Darcy -- shows up. He has eyes for Elizabeth, as does her cousin, Parson Collins (MATT SMITH), but Wickham is also hoping to convince regal warrior Lady Catherine (LENA HEADEY) that a new tactic might be in order for dealing with the zombies. As the attacks by the undead increase, it's unclear who Elizabeth will fall for, if anyone, and whether anyone will survive the zombie apocalypse.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might be interested, especially if the mash-up of Jane Austen and zombies sounds enticing.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For zombie violence and action, and brief suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.