(2016) (Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A documentary follows the fallout of a disastrous sophomore album from a solo singer who was once part of a famous boy band.
- In this faux documentary, Conner (ANDY SAMBERG), Owen (JORMA TACCONE) and Lawrence (AKIVA SCHAFFER) grew up as best friends and formed the wildly successful and popular boy band, The Style Boyz. But when Conner later took credit for all of their success, the band split up. While Lawrence eventually became a farmer, Conner refashioned himself as the solo performer Conner4real, hired Owen as his deejay, and took the world by storm with his debut album release. With his sophomore debut in the queue, his team -- including manager Harry (TIM MEADOWS), publicist Paula (SARAH SILVERMAN) and members of his entourage such as Sponge (JAMES BUCKLEY) -- is working overtime to make sure it's as big of a success as the last record.
But when it flops and gets bad reviews, Conner's world starts to unravel. Following a disastrous on-stage stunt that goes wildly wrong, Conner's team suggests he publicly propose to his girlfriend, Ashley (IMOGEN POOTS), but even that backfires. As does the hiring of profane rapper Hunter the Hungry (CHRIS REDD) as his tour's opening act, only because he ends up surpassing Conner's popularity. From that point on, and as things keep falling apart all around him, Conner and those left on his side try to figure out a way to save his career before it's too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of Samberg, anyone else in the cast, or hard-R rated comedies might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some graphic nudity, language throughout, sexual content and drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.