(2016) (Elizabeth Reaser, Annalisa Basso) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A widowed mother and her two daughters must contend with the evil unleashed by their use of a Ouija board.
- It's 1967 and Alice Zander (ELIZABETH REASER) is the widowed mother of high school sophomore Lina (ANNALISE BASSO) and 9-year-old Doris (LULU WILSON). To make ends meet and following in her mother's footsteps, Alice has been making money as a medium, although she doesn't believe in the supernatural aspect of that. Instead, she believes she's serving the purpose of giving families closure and thinks the showmanship of faking supernatural events helps the bereaved buy into the presented "truth."
Things change, however, when she decides to add a Ouija board to her repertoire. While Alice doesn't believe in that any more than any of the other items at her disposal, Doris uses it and unleashes a demonic entity that starts to change her, something not lost on the girls' parochial school principal, Father Tom (HENRY THOMAS). It also becomes clear to Lina's new romantic interest, junior Mikey (PARKER MACK), who gets creepy vibes from Doris.
While Alice comes to believe that the board is actually contacting the dead, both Father Tom and Lina become increasingly concerned by its use and what it's doing to Doris, especially after a demon possesses the girl. From that point on, the family tries to deal with the increasingly spooky and dangerous situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing images, terror and thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.