(2016) (Nia Vardalos, John Corbett) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A woman tries to balance her teenage daughter, her aging parents and her marriage that's plateaued due to her feeling the need to fix everything.
- Having gone through her extended family giving her then-boyfriend the once-over and then some due to him not being Greek nearly two decades ago, Toula (NIA VARDALOS) and Ian (JOHN CORBETT) have been happily married ever since, or so it would seem. He's the principal at the high school their 17-year-old daughter Paris (ELENA KAMPOURIS) attends, while Toula volunteers there and helps at the family restaurant run by her parents, Gus (MICHAEL CONSTANTINE) and Maria (LAINIE KAZAN). But due to Toula always feeling the need to fix things and be an ever-present mother in Paris' life, her relationship with Ian has plateaued, something not lost on her Aunt Voula (ANDREA MARTIN) who suggests ways to rekindle the flame.
But Toula is obsessed with Paris and what college she'll attend in the fall (staying close at Northwestern or heading off to NYU), while the discovery that Gus and Maria are not technically married -- due to the priest having forgotten to sign the wedding document fifty years ago -- gives her one more thing to worry about. That's especially true when Gus refuses to propose to Maria in order to get married (again), resulting in them have a falling out.
That prompts the rest of the family to kick into help mode, including from Toula's brother, Nick (LOUIS MANDYLOR); their cousins Nikki (GIA CARIDES) and Angelo (JOEY FANTONE), and even the family matriarch, Mana-Yiayia (BESS MEISLER). When that's resolved and the nuptials are back on, the family cooperates to pull off another big fat Greek wedding, including with Gus' brother from Greece, Panos (MARK MARGOLIS), showing up for the ceremony.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.