(2016) (Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: Various people deal with relationships in their lives as Mother's Day approaches.
- Sandy (JENNIFER ANISTON) is an interior designer who lives in Atlanta with her two boys, Peter (BRANDON SPINK) and Mikey (CALEB BROWN). She's hoping to land a job working for successful businesswoman and TV home shopping network pitch person, Miranda (JULIA ROBERTS), who's in town with her agent/manager, Lance (HECTOR ELIZONDO), promoting her latest book. But Sandy is thrown for a loop when her ex, Henry (TIMOTHY OLYPHANT), informs her that she's recently married the much younger Tina (SHAY MITCHELL), who Sandy worries will usurp her mother status with the boys.
Her friend Jesse (KATE HUDSON) has other concerns, in that she hasn't told her parents, Flo (MARGO MARTINDALE) and Earl (ROBERT PINE), that she's married an Indian doctor, Russell (AASIF MANDVI), who's never met them due to believing they've been long-institutionalized for dementia. But Jesse isn't alone in such deception as her sister, Gabi (SARAH CHALKE), who lives next door, likewise hasn't told their parents that she lives with her lesbian partner, Max (CAMERON ESPOSITO).
At the same time, ex-Marine turned gym owner Bradley (JASON SUDEIKIS) is still reeling from the military death of his wife in the past year. That's left him alone to raise their 16-year-old daughter, Rachel (JESSI CASE), and her younger sister, Vicky (ELLA ANDERSON), by himself. And bar waitress Kristin (BRITT ROBERTSON) still isn't sure if she wants to marry her bartender boyfriend, Zack (JAKE WHITEHALL), despite them being together for five years and having a daughter. As Mother's Day approaches, all of the above must contend with the various relationships in their lives.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who've liked films such as "New Year's Eve" and "Valentine's Day," or who might be a fan of anyone in the cast could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and some suggestive material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.