(2016) (Kate Mara, Anya Taylor-Joy) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Action: A corporate risk analyst tries to determine if a genetically engineered girl, already grown into the strength and advanced intelligence of a young woman, poses a risk to society.
- Lee Weathers (KATE MARA) is a corporate risk analyst who's been assigned to determine whether five-year-old Morgan (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY) is a risk to society and whether a biotech's investment in her has been worth the time and money. For Morgan isn't just any young girl. Instead, she's a genetically modified mutant who's already grown into the strength and advanced intelligence of a young woman and has recently attacked one of her caretakers, Dr. Kathy Grieff (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH), after that woman informed Morgan her time outside with another caretaker, Amy Menser (ROSE LESLIE), would be curtailed. Accordingly, Lee has arrived ahead of psychotherapist Dr. Alan Shapiro (PAUL GIAMATTI), and their plan is to determine if she poses a risk to society, whether the project involving her should continue, and whether Morgan herself -- who Lee refers to as an "it" -- should be terminated.
Naturally, this doesn't sit well with the team that's known, raised and studied Morgan since birth. That includes Dr. Lui Cheng (MICHELLE YEOH) and Dr. Simon Ziegler (TOBY JONES) who are locally in charge of the project; coworkers turned spouses Darren (CHRIS SULLIVAN) and Brenda Finch (VINETTE ROBINSON) who met on the job; project manager Ted Brenner (MICHAEL YARE); and nutritionist Skip Vronsky (BOYD HOLBROOK).
Everyone knows and is uneasy about Lee's marching orders, and things become more volatile once Dr. Shapiro shows up and seemingly tries to push Morgan over the edge from an emotional and psychological standpoint. From that point on, they must contend with how Morgan responds to that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into sci-fi thrillers might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For brutal violence, and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.