(2016) (Ben Winchell, Maria Bello) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A teenage boy discovers he has super powers and is hunted by the same alien forces that may have killed his father years earlier.
- Max McGrath (BEN WINCHELL) is a 17-year-old boy who has moved eight times in his life with his widowed mom, Molly (MARIA BELLO). She swears their latest move will be their last, as they are moving back to the town and house they shared as a family with Max's late dad, Jim (MIKE DOYLE), before he tragically and mysteriously died when Max was a baby.
Max is a bit of a loner, having moved so many times. But he is immediately attracted to Sofia (ANA VILLAFANE), a pretty classmate who accidentally runs him over with her truck. At the same time, though, he is starting to exhibit strange supernatural powers. He seems to be able to channel pure energy, activate machines, deactivate cell phones and computers, and fire concentrated power blasts. He finds it tougher and tougher to control these abilities, which always seem to ignite when he gets emotional.
He attracts the attention of two separate individuals. The first is his father's former colleague, Dr. Miles Edwards (ANDY GARCIA), who may or may not hold the answer to the mystery of Max's father's death. The second is an amnesiac alien intelligence known as Steel (voice of JOSH BRENER), who seeks to merge with Max to create a powerful being that can battle a group of sinister and hostile aliens known as the "Ultralinks."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes, young kids and pre-teens and some young teens will be drawn to the PG-13 rating, the fact that it's based on a somewhat popular cartoon and toy line, and the young and good-looking leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sci-fi action violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.