(2016) (Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: An armored car driver learns he's been double-crossed by those who convinced him to pull off a multi-million dollar heist.
- David Ghantt (ZACH GALIFIANAKIS) is an armored car driver who's always dreamed of excitement in his life, such as being a hero during some sort of heist. Instead, he just does the same job day in and day out, all while being dominated by his hyper-intense fiancée, Jandice (KATE McKINNON). He secretly dreams of a romance with his co-worker, Kelly Campbell (KRISTEN WIIG), but when she quits he's heartbroken. That is, until she calls him a few weeks later with the proposition that if he robs the armored car company of millions of dollars, she'll move to Mexico with him.
Of course, she has no intention of doing so, what with being in cahoots with her childhood friend, Steve Chambers (OWEN WILSON), who hatched the idea and is looking to enjoy the spoils of the heist with his wife, Michelle (MARY ELIZABETH ELLIS), all while leaving David high and dry.
When David eventually learns he's been double-crossed, he threatens to turn everyone in, forcing Steve to hire hitman Mike McKinney (JASON SUDEIKIS) to take care of the problem. While that assassin travels across the border to do the job and FBI agent Scanlon (LESLIE JONES) also tries to find the thief, David still holds out hope that Kelly, who's having second thoughts about how they've treated him, will change her mind and join him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual humor, some language, and violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.