(2016) (Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A secret service agent must protect the President during a massive terrorist attack during a state funeral held in London.
- Having saved the day and the life of President Benjamin Asher (AARON ECKHART) a few years back, Secret Service agent Mike Banning (GERARD BUTLER) is ready to tender his resignation, what with his wife, Leah (RADHA MITCHELL), about to give birth to their first child. But then word comes that the Prime Minister of Britain has died of a heart attack. Realizing the high profile risks of a state funeral, Mike scuttles his plans for the moment and joins his boss, Lynne Jacobs (ANGELA BASSETT), in planning how to protect POTUS during the three-day event that will take place in London.
As they and other world leaders arrive, a massive terrorist attack occurs. Not only does that leave much of the city's landmarks destroyed, but it's also killed various heads of state, lots of bystanders, and has resulted in Mike and President Asher being on the run after their Marine helicopter is downed by a surface to air missile. It's not long before Vice President Allan Trumbull (MORGAN FREEMAN) back in Washington receives a video communication from Aamir Barkawi (ALON MONI ABOUTBOUL), an arms dealer who's on the most wanted list. His demands are simple. Give him President Asher or he'll unleash more terrorist attacks around the world.
Trumbull refuses, and thus Barkawi wants his imbedded frontline men, including his son, Kamran (WALEED ZUAITER), along with Sultan Mansoor (MEHDI DEHBI), to track down and capture the President, all while Mike is determined to keep Asher safe. With the help of MI6 agent Jacqueline Marshall (CHARLOTTE RILEY), he does his best to do just that until U.S. military help can arrive and get them out of harm's way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens who enjoy action flicks, this film's predecessor ("Olympus Has Fallen"), or who are fans of anyone in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.