(2016) (Teresa Palmer, Gabriel Bateman) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A young woman tries to save her younger brother and their mentally ill mother from a supernatural entity that's only present in the dark or dimly lit spaces
- Rebecca (TERESA PALMER) is a young woman who's lived away from home for some time, what with no longer being able to exist under the same roof as her mentally ill mother, Sophie (MARIA BELLO). She sort of has a boyfriend in Bret (ALEXANDER DiPERSIA), but is reluctant to allow him to get too close, at least in terms of sleeping over at her place.
Her concerns switch over to her younger brother, Martin (GABRIEL BATEMAN), when she learns he's been falling asleep in school, no doubt the result of his mom's place being haunted by an entity known as Diana (ALICIA VELA-BAILEY) who only shows up in the dark or in dimly lit environs.
Rebecca is familiar with her and comes to realize her past interactions weren't some figment of her imagination years ago. From that point on, she does what she can to protect her brother and try to remove him and their mother from harm's way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into supernatural-based horror films, they could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror throughout, violence including disturbing images, some thematic material and brief drug content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.