(2016) (voices of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: The title character reunites with his long-lost father and must attain the warrior skills needed to combat a new, supernatural enemy.
- Po (voice of JACK BLACK), the title character who is the last of his kind, returns as the ultimate fighting hero of an alternate China populated solely by talking animals and birds. Over the years, he has saved the kingdom many times with the help of his comrades in combat, the Furious Five: Tigress (voice of ANGELINA JOLIE), Monkey (voice of JACKIE CHAN), Crane (voice of DAVID CROSS), Viper (voice of LUCY LIU), and Mantis (voice of SETH ROGEN).
Now, though, they face a twofold challenge. One, their mentor, Master Shifu (voice of DUSTIN HOFFMAN), has decided to go on a quest for personal knowledge and enlightenment and has placed Po in charge. Two, a villainous yak named Kai (voice of J.K. SIMMONS) has returned from centuries of banishment in the spirit realm and is stealing the "chi" of all the great martial arts warriors and masters in his quest for world domination. Angered that the physical world has forgotten him and scared of the last great prophecy of the legendary Master Oogway (voice of RANDALL DUK KIM) -- that a panda would rise up to defeat him -- Kai vows to hunt Po down and destroy him.
To the dismay of his adoptive father, Mr. Ping (voice of JAMES HONG), Po has recently reunited with his birth father, Li (voice of BRYAN CRANSTON), who has told him of a mystical, magical, secret village of surviving pandas. Once there, he draws the attention of Mei Mei (voice of KATE HUDSON), an exotic dancing panda who's a big flirt. Po comes to believe that only in this remote village hidden away from the rest of the world can he acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to fulfill Oogway's prophecy and best Kai.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The first two were big hits with children and families in the theater and on DVD/Blu-Ray. This one should be, too.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For martial arts action and some mild, rude humor.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.