(2016) (Tom Cruise, Cobie Smulders) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A former Army major helps out his successor when she is wrongly framed for espionage.
- Jack Reacher (TOM CRUISE) is a former Army major who still does work from time to time for the military, but is mostly a drifter and mercenary answering only to himself. He has had a phone and e-mail flirtation with his successor, Major Susan Turner (COBIE SMULDERS), for some time and finally decides to travel to Washington, D.C., to take her on a dinner date.
Once there, he learns that she has been court-martialed and is suspected of international espionage. He is immediately suspicious of a colonel (HOLT McCALLANY), who is her interim replacement, and Espin (ALDIS HODGE), an officer who was on Turner's team up until her arrest. All the while, a shadowy figure known as General Harkness (ROBERT KNEPPER) seems to be calling the shots from behind a corporate desk.
At the same time, Reacher learns that he may have a 15-year-old daughter, Samantha (DANIKA YAROSH), who he knew nothing about. When an assassin known as The Hunter (PATRICK HEUSINGER) tries to kill her at her foster home but fails, Reacher realizes there may be a larger conspiracy at play. He busts Turner out of military prison and goes on the run with her and Samantha to try and draw out the real culprits.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to its PG-13 rating and action elements.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence and action, some bloody images, language, and thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.