(2016) (Tom Hanks, Felicity Jones) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: An amnesiac professor of symbology tries to figure out what's happened to him while also hoping to solve a riddle related to a deadly virus that's about to be released on the world's population.
- American professor of symbology Robert Langdon (TOM HANKS) regains consciousness in Florence having suffered some sort of head wound with no memory of that or how he ended up in Italy. Dr. Sienna Brooks (FELICITY JONES) is tending to him, but she helps him escape from an assassin, Vayentha (ANA ULARU), who seemingly wants to kill him. Others are also desirous of getting their hands on Langdon, including Elizabeth Sinskey (SIDSE BABETT KNUDSEN), a high-ranking official with the World Health Organization and Christoph Bouchard (OMAR SY), the head of another team that seems at odds with the WHO.
They're all interested in the professor as they believe he might be able to decipher some cryptic clues about a potentially deadly plan concocted by billionaire Bertrand Zobrist (BEN FOSTER). In past speeches, he's railed against the world's overpopulation problem and apparently has created a pathogen he believes will cull the human herd. That doesn't sit well with Harry Sims (IRRFAN KHAN), the head of a shady operation that was helping Zobrist before that man took his own life to prevent his plan from being stymied.
As Robert tries to figure out how he ended up in Italy and what's happened to him, he races against time to solve the mystery of the clues presented to or discovered by him, all before the deadly virus is released.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first two films in the "Da Vinci Code" franchise (or the related books), they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of action and violence, disturbing images, some language, thematic elements and brief sensuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.