(2016) (Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A number of twenty-somethings navigate sex, love, loss, and life in modern-day New York City.
- Alice (DAKOTA JOHNSON) moved from her parents' house to a university dorm and then into an apartment with her boyfriend, Josh (NICHOLAS BRAUN). After four years together and having just graduated from college, Alice decides she wants to try being single in New York City just for the experience and convinces Josh to put their relationship on hiatus. She moves in with her career-driven older sister, Meg (LESLIE MANN); quickly makes friends with the promiscuous party girl, Robin (REBEL WILSON); has a one-night stand with bartender and confirmed bachelor, Tom (ANDERS HOLM); and gets into a nice, tender relationship with widower and young father, David (DAMON WAYANS Jr.)
Meanwhile, Meg has decided to get pregnant via a sperm donor. But then she meets her young dream guy, Ken (JAKE LACY), and keeps her condition from him. Tom, meanwhile, begins to develop real feelings for the first time in his life. Her name is Lucy (ALISON BRIE), a neurotic blogger who ends up getting into a committed relationship herself with stable, steady bookstore manager, George (JASON MANTZOUKAS).
It all comes to a head at Alice's rooftop birthday party, where Robin invites a now-engaged Josh along with both Tom and David. Lucy is also there and is now also engaged, to George. And Meg's water breaks and has to be rushed to the hospital by Alice and Robin.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to its young cast, Rebel Wilson of "Pitch Perfect," and its raunchy content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content and strong language throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.