(2016) (Chris Pine, Ben Foster) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two brothers start robbing small banks to get enough money to save their late mother's farm.
- Toby Howard (CHRIS PINE) is an unemployed and divorced father of two who's recently gone through his mother's long illness and death. To make matters worse, a local bank is preparing to foreclose on her farm, and Toby would like his family's pass down generational poverty to end with his sons to whom he's bequeathed the land. Needing money to beat that foreclosure, Toby enlists the aid of his more impulsive and short-tempered brother, Tanner (BEN FOSTER), who has a long criminal record that includes serving ten years in prison.
While Tanner has no love lost for his late parents, he loves his brother and agrees to help him rob various branches of the bank behind the upcoming foreclosure. Taking only small denominations, the two have knocked off a number of banks, actions that have drawn the interest of Texas ranger Marcus Hamilton (JEFF BRIDGES) and his partner, Alberto Parker (GIL BIRMINGHAM).
Marcus is about as politically incorrect as they come -- including toward Alberto -- but his intuition and experience give him a strong hunch about where the next robbery might occur. As they stake out that place, Toby and Tanner indeed plan to hit that branch, but a change of plans leads to series of escalating confrontations that will forever change the lives of those involved on both sides of the law.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens could, especially if they're fans of anyone in the film or if the buzz about how good it is makes them interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some strong violence, language throughout and brief sexuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.