(2016) (Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy/Action: The evil god Set blinds and casts out his rival, Horus, forcing him to join forces with a rebellious mortal to reclaim the Ancient Egyptian throne.
- In Ancient Egypt, Horus (NIKOLAJ COSTER-WALDAU) is preparing for the passing of the crown from his father, Osiris (BRYAN BROWN) the God of Nature, to him and he will rule over all the land as benevolently as his dad. But Osiris' vindictive brother, Set (GERARD BUTLER), has always been bitter that their father, the sun god Ra (GEOFFREY RUSH), favored Osiris over him. He crashes Horus' coronation with a massive army he formed in the Sahara, kills his brother, and pulls out his nephew's mythical eyes that have allowed him to never miss a target in battle.
Set spares Horus' life, though, to secure the hand of Horus' great love, the goddess Hathor (ELODIE YUNG). As Egypt falls to Set's dictatorship and slavery, Horus becomes a blind outcast. One mortal, Bek (BRENTON THWAITES), rises up in opposition. Bek is in love with Zaya (COURTNEY EATON), but she is killed by her new master, the conniving pyramid and tower architect Urshu (RUFUS SEWELL) when she and Bek try and run away together. Bek has stolen back one of Horus' eyes. Hoping that he can bring his lover back to life, he trades the eye in return for his knowledge of Set's stronghold to get the other eye.
On their journey back to Egypt, they enlist the aid of Thoth (CHADWICK BOSEMAN), the god of wisdom, and also receive welcome assistance from Hathor. But Set has been killing off the remaining lesser gods and goddesses and harnessing their powers. When Horus makes his way back to reclaim his kingdom, he will find him much more powerful than when he last left him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may have some interest due to its PG-13 rating, special effects, and large-scale action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For fantasy violence and action, and some sexuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.