(2016) (voices of Ellen DeGeneres, Albert Brooks) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer Animated Comedy/Adventure: A clownfish and his son try to find their friend, who suffers from short term memory loss, as she tries to find her long-lost parents.
- A year or so after absent-minded blue tang Dory (voice of ELLEN DeGENERES) helped widowed clownfish Marlin (voice of ALBERT BROOKS) find his missing son, Nemo (voice of HAYDEN ROLENCE), they now live among the other denizens of the Great Barrier Reef. Yet, when serving as a teaching assistant with discussion of migrations of sea animals returning home, Dory -- who suffers from short term memory loss -- starts having memories of her parents, Jenny (voice of DIANE KEATON) and Charlie (voice of EUGENE LEVY). She hasn't seen either since childhood when she wandered off and ended up separated from them.
With fleeting memories about the name of her former home, Dory convinces a reluctant Marlin and a more willing Nemo to accompany her across the sea where they end up outside the Marine Life Institute, a public facility that rehabs injured sea animals before returning them to the ocean or, if that's not viable, to permanent aquarium facilities. After accidentally getting tangled up in a plastic tab holder, Dory is scooped up by workers there and put into quarantine.
She quickly learns the lay of the land after meeting Hank (voice of ED O'NEILL), a seven-legged octopus who doesn't want to be returned to the ocean and instead desires for a peaceful existence in a Cleveland aquarium facility. But to get there, he needs the quarantine tag that Dory is wearing and agrees to try to help her find her parents in exchange for that. At the same time, Marlin and Nemo get help from two lazy sea lions, Fluke (voice of IDRIS ELBA) and Rudder (voice of DOMINIC WEST), who are quite possessive of their sun basking rock, as well as a non-talking and somewhat kooky loon named Becky.
With them helping from the outside, Dory also gets assistance on the inside not only from Hank, but also a nearsighted whale shark, Destiny (voice of KAITLIN OLSON), and a beluga whale, Bailey (voice of TY BURRELL), who's having problems with his echolocation. As she tries to find her parents, Marlin and Nemo try to find and rescue her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- More than likely the answer is yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.