(2016) (Robert De Niro, Zac Efron) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A recently widowed grandfather convinces his grandson to drive him to Florida where the two get caught up in college Spring Break madness.
- Dick Kelly (ROBERT De NIRO) is at a crossroads. He just lost his wife after a 15-year battle with cancer, and he is estranged from both his grandson, Jason (ZAC EFRON), and son, David (DERMOT MULRONEY). Jason is a young attorney who works for his dad's law firm, having given up on his dreams of being a photographer. Dick wants to travel to Florida to see an old Army buddy named Stinky (DANNY GLOVER), so he convinces Jason to drive him there as his license was recently suspended.
Jason, though, is only a week away from his wedding to Meredith (JULIANNE HOUGH), who is freaking out as the big day draws closer. On the drive from Atlanta, though, he and his grandfather meet a trio of students from Jason's old college. There is Shadia (ZOEY DEUTCH), who remembers his amazing portraits from Photography class; her promiscuous best friend, Lenore (AUBREY PLAZA), who is sexually attracted to grandpa; and Bradley (JEFFREY BOWYER-CHAPMAN), their mutual gay friend. Jason is surprised to find himself drawn to Shadia, and Dick compels him to alter course and meet up with them in Daytona Beach for Spring Break.
Once there, Jason and Dick get into all sorts of debauchery, as grandpa surprises grandson at all turns with his constant stream of profanity, his sexual cravings, and his sorted past. They also run afoul of two jocks named Cody (JAKE PICKING) and Brah (MICHAEL HUDSON); a couple of easily corruptible cops named Officer Finch (MO COLLINS) and Officer Reiter (HENRY ZEBROWSKI); and make friends with a local drug dealer named Pam (JASON MANTZOUKAS).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers will have some interest due to the film's likely notorious sex and drugs content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content throughout, graphic nudity, and for language and drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.