(2016) (Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr.) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Members of a superhero group take sides against each other regarding whether they should fall under multi-national government oversight, all while one tries to protect his childhood friend from others.
- Following the mayhem and death resulting from the superhero group The Avengers having defeated a villain, and a subsequent infiltration and thwarting of another villain in Lagos, governments of more than one hundred nations want the superheroes to sign an accord where their actions will be supervised and controlled by the United Nations. Some, such as Tony Stark (ROBERT DOWNEY JR.), a.k.a. Iron Man, -- dealing with guilt over a lost life brought to his attention by the victim's mother -- agrees with Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross (WILLIAM HURT) -- and presses his fellow members to follow suit. The likes of Natasha Romanoff (SCARLETT JOHANSSON), a.k.a. Black Widow, Lieutenant James Rhodes (DON CHEADLE), a.k.a. War Machine, and the ever-evolving Vision (PAUL BETTANY) agree.
Among the dissenters is Steve Rogers (CHRIS EVANS), a.k.a. Captain America, along with Sam Wilson (ANTHONY MACKIE), a.k.a. Falcon, Wanda Maximoff (ELIZABETH OLSEN), a.k.a. Scarlet Witch, and Clint Barton (JEREMY RENNER), a.k.a. Hawkeye, who retires from the group. Steve is concerned about no longer having control of what they can and can't do, a point exacerbated when his childhood friend turned brainwashed super-assassin, Bucky Barnes (SEBASTIAN STAN), a.k.a. the Winter Soldier, is identified as the person responsible for the bombing of a U.N. meeting that takes the life of the King of Wakanda. His son, Prince T'Challa (CHADWICK BOSEMAN), wants revenge and tries to get that via his superhuman alter-ego, Blank Panther.
Unbeknownst to them, the real culprit is Helmut Zemo (DANIEL BRUHL), a man who lost his entire family as collateral damage to The Avengers' actions, and desires to ultimately turn them against each other, starting with reactivating the Winter Soldier. With the help of former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent turned CIA agent Sharon Carter (EMILY VANCAMP), Steve tries to prove his friend's innocence and protect him from harm, something that doesn't sit well with Tony and the others. With both sides gearing up for battle, including Steve's side getting pint-sized superhero Scott Lang (PAUL RUDD), a.k.a. Ant-Man, to join them, and Tony convincing Peter Parker (TOM HOLLAND), a.k.a. Spider-Man, to do the same for his group, the stage is set for an epic battle.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into superhero movies definitely will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For extended sequences of violence, action and mayhem.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.