(2016) (James Allen McCune, Callie Hernandez) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A small group of people enter supposedly haunted woods in hopes of finding one man's sister who mysteriously disappeared years ago.
- Back when he was four-years-old, James (JAMES ALLEN McCUNE) had to deal with his older sister mysteriously disappearing somewhere in the Black Hills woods near Burkittsville, Maryland. She and two other student filmmakers were there to film a documentary about a local legend known as the Blair Witch. They were never found, but their footage of scary encounters with something seemingly supernatural was. Now, new footage has been found including a brief glimpse of a figure in a dilapidated house in those same woods.
James is certain it's his sister and thus heads there to look for her. Accompanying him is his friend, Lisa (CALLIE HERNANDEZ), who's going to document his search; his childhood friend Peter (BRANDON SCOTT) who doesn't believe anything about the legend; and his girlfriend, Ashley (CORBIN REID). They meet a local couple, Lane (WES ROBINSON) and Talia (VALORIE CURRY), who reportedly found and posted that new footage, and those two want to tag along in exchange for showing James where they found the tape.
The six then enter the woods and set up camp for the night, only to have spooky things happen. From then on, James and the others must contend with an increasing amount of scary and possibly supernatural stuff occurring to them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the original "The Blair Witch Project" or horror films in general, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, terror and some disturbing images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.