(2016) (Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: A villain masterminds an epic battle between two superheroes who were already growing increasingly suspicious of and hostile toward each other.
- Ever since Superman (HENRY CAVILL) arrived in Metropolis in an epic battle with attacking aliens led by General Zod (MICHAEL SHANNON), Bruce Wayne (BEN AFFLECK) of nearby Gotham has viewed him suspiciously. After all, the man of steel -- whose secret alter ego is Daily Planet reporter Clark Kent -- is seemingly unstoppable, and if he decided to turn against humankind, that could be the end. Bruce, an ultra-rich playboy businessman who lost his parents as a boy to an armed robber -- knows a thing or two about bad guys. And that's because with the help of his "butler" Alfred (JEREMY IRONS) he moonlights as Batman, a caped crusader/vigilante with a unique style of doling out justice.
That doesn't sit well with Clark, but his editor, Perry White (LAURENCE FISHBURNE), isn't interested in stories about Batman. Nor is Clark's girlfriend, fellow Daily Planet reporter Lois (AMY ADAMS), who ends up needing his help as Superman to get out of a violent situation. But Superman's actions are twisted in public perception by diabolical young businessman Lex Luthor (JESSE EISENBERG) who wants to convince U.S. Senator Finch (HOLLY HUNTER) that Superman is a danger, and that kryptonite fragments of the superhero's long-lost planet are the only thing that can protect them. Bruce ends up attempting to steal information related to that kryptonite but is caught in the act by Diana Prince (GAL GADOT), who hides her own superhero alter-ego, Wonder Woman, from all involved.
When Lex has his goons kidnap Clark's mother, Martha (DIANE LANE), he sets into motion an epic battle between Superman and Batman, all while unleashing a powerful monster, Doomsday, with the safety of those in Gotham and Metropolis at stake.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence and action throughout, and some sensuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.