(2016) (Danny Glover, Romany Malco) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A large family gathers five days before Christmas for their holiday since losing their matriarch.
- Walter (DANNY GLOVER) is a recent widower who is looking to find some holiday joy by having all four of his adult children home for Christmas, along with their spouses, significant others, and offspring. All he asks is for the family to get along for the five days leading up to Dec. 25th in which they'll once again be under one roof. As it turns out, it's too much to ask.
His oldest son, Christian (ROMANY MALCO), is running for political office and a shady campaign finance deal could result in the bulldozing of the homeless shelter that his late mother helped run. Walter's oldest daughter, Cheryl (KIMBERLY ELISE), is unaware that her husband, Lonnie (J.B. SMOOVE), is a cheating louse. She also can't be in the same room with her younger sister, recently divorced Rachel (GABRIELLE UNION), without quarreling with her. And youngest son, Evan (JESSIE T. USHER), is a college football star who has become secretly addicted to painkillers.
Also in the mix is Walter's sister-in-law, the profane and outspoken Aunt Mae (MO'NIQUE), who is all too eager to comment on everyone's quirks and problems; Malachi (OMAR EPPS), the proverbial boy next door who still has a thing for Rachel; and Sonia (NICOLE ARI PARKER), Christian's supportive wife and the mother to his two kids. Rivalries and secrets come to a boil on Christmas Day. And that's before all concerned discover that Walter is on the verge of selling the family house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest in the holiday season thanks to an attractive cast and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For suggestive material, drug content, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.