(2015) (Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Various people contemplate their place in life while staying at a Swiss resort hotel and spa.
- Fred Ballinger (MICHAEL CAINE) is a retired composer who's taking in a vacation at a Swiss resort hotel and spa he's frequented for years. He's there with his adult daughter, Lena (RACHEL WEISZ), who serves as his assistant but still has unresolved issues from him having been a workaholic father who put his music ahead of his family. Also there is Fred's longtime friend, Mick Boyle (HARVEY KEITEL), a filmmaker who's writing the script for his next film that's set to star his friend and veteran actress Brenda Morel (JANE FONDA).
Among the other guests there are Jimmy Tree (PAUL DANO), an actor who wishes that his most famous role -- in a robot movie -- wasn't his signature work, drawing the likes of fans such as Miss Universe (MADALINA GHENEA) who also wants to become an actress. As he prepares for his next role and Mick works on his script with his screenwriting team, Fred must contend not only with the Queen of England's emissary trying to convince him to come out of retirement and conduct for her Majesty, but also all sorts of things related to getting old.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic nudity, some sexuality, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.