(2015) (Shelley Hennig, Moses Jacob Storm) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A group of teens must contend with being harassed online and then some by what may be the spirit of a classmate who committed suicide a year ago over being shamed by their actions.
- One year ago, Laura Barns (HEATHER SOSSAMAN) committed suicide after being shamed online for a night of drunken stupidity. Her former friend, Blaire Lily (SHELLEY HENNIG), watches a graphic video of that act, only to be interrupted by a video chat with her boyfriend, Mitch Roussel (MOSES JACOB STORM). It's not long before they're joined on the Skype call by their other friends, Jess Felton (RENEE OLSTEAD), Val Rommel (COURTNEY HALVERSON), Ken Smith (JACOB WYSOCKI) and Adam Sewell (WILL PELTZ).
But there's some anonymous other person on the call as well, and despite their best efforts, they can't get rid of this online presence that goes by the name of Billie. At first, the teens think it's someone who's hacked Laura's old accounts, and then perhaps some sort of computer glitch. But when Billie reveals personal information about the teens and one of them ends up dead, the survivors wonder if this could somehow be Laura's ghost who's arrived to torment them and worse. With Billie turning the tables on them and turning them against each other -- all taking place on the screen of Blaire's computer -- the teens start dying one by one, with the survivors worrying that they might be next.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films, specifically revenge-based ones, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent content, pervasive language, some sexuality, and drug and alcohol use - all involving teens.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.