(2015) (Vince Vaughn, Tom Wilkinson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A small business owner and his rag-tag team travel to Europe in hopes of landing a lucrative mineral sales deal, but must contend with various setbacks and challenges, including his former boss who's gunning for the same contract.
- Dan Trunkman (VINCE VAUGHN) is a sales manager at the St. Louis-based Dynamic Systems where his boss, Chuck Portnoy (SIENNA MILLER), has just informed him that he's going to have a five-percent pay cut. Upset about that, he quits and decides to start his own minerals-based firm with numbers man Tim McWinters (TOM WILKINSON), who's just been let go due to his age, and Mike Pancake (DAVE FRANCO), an eager and good-natured but somewhat dimwitted man who just interviewed for a job.
A year later, things aren't going well and Dan is hoping they can land a lucrative business deal with Portland-based Bill Whilmsley (NICK FROST). Dan is banking on this as his wife, Susan (JUNE DIANE RAPHAEL), wants to send their kids -- Paul (BRITTON SEAR), who's being bullied over his weight, and his younger sister, Bess (ELLA ANDERSON) -- to an expensive private school, all while Tim needs the money to divorce his wife. Unfortunately for them, Chuck is also after that business, and her past dealings with Bill's boss, Jim Spinch (JAMES MARSDEN), seem to favor her winning the deal.
Desperate, Dan takes his team to Berlin, Germany in hopes of convincing the executives of the company that they're right for the job. From that point on, they must not only contend with Chuck, but also various challenges and set-backs along the way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might, especially if they're fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some strong risqué sexual content/graphic nudity, and for language and drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.